Substance Response to AFT's Janet Bass

    Previous posts on AFT censorship here and here.
    Read Alexander Russo's take at the Chicago District299 blog.

    Watch the sidebar where we will keep a running account of the story.


    In a message dated 6/26/08 8:41:40 AM, jbass@aft.org writes:
    AFT will not be able to give your organization press credentials. We only provide credentials to legitimate news organizations.

    6/28/08

    Janet:

    The American Federation of Teachers has not been authorized to determine in the United States today what does or does not constitute "legitimate news organizations."

    It's been more than two days since you sent me the silly and unprofessional response to my request for Substance press credentials quoted above.

    I asked you to tell me how you (or AFT) determines what constitutes a "legitimate news organization" and to date I have not received your response.

    Until you provide me with that information, I can't even begin to know how to respond to those two Orwellian sentences you e-mailed to me on June 26 at 8:41 AM. Please do so immediately, so that we can provide you with any information necessary to assuage your prejudices and assure that our staff can cover the upcoming AFT convention in Chicago with the same rights as all other members of the press.

    My preference will be to have this matter resolved quickly, so that I could send you the list of the names of the people we will have covering the convention. However, if you have chosen an alternate route (as seems to be the case), we will have to discuss this further, in any number of contexts.

    George N. Schmidt
    Editor, Substance

    www.substancenews.net

Post Title

Substance Response to AFT's Janet Bass


Post URL

http://kingsavenuetattoo.blogspot.com/2008/06/substance-response-to-aft-janet-bass.html


Visit kings avenue tattoo for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

BLOG DIRECTORY, Submit blog free, Promote Blog, Best directory